Graduation Parade and Stage Picture
Monday, May 11, 2020
Graduation Parade & Stage Picture
Parents & Students,
Below you will find the details concerning the Saturday, May 23 Graduation Parade, areas marked off for families, and the procedure for a stadium picture.
- Only one vehicle (car, truck, van, SUV only) per senior that can be decorated and driven by an Adult 18 years or older (parent driver preferred) with the graduate visible. If there are any issues, please contact Mrs. Conner at email@example.com
- Please be at SCHS by 8:30 AM in your designated order.
- Each senior will be assigned a number We will post the number assignments by May 14th). You will enter through the elementary school car rider entrance and ride toward the athletic fields.
- We will have the roadway chalked with numbers. Please pull to your numbered area.
- Each senior’s assigned number will also designate the area on the parade route that family members & invited friends can gather to watch the parade and participate in the graduation. (We will post a map and number assignments by May 14th)
- Please have all family members at the senior’s designated area by 8:30 AM. We will have a vehicle that will deliver your graduate’s diploma to that location before the parade begins.
- The parade will begin at 9:00 AM.
- The graduate should be the only person visible outside of their vehicle (Standing through sunroof, in the bed of the truck, sitting on back of convertible vehicle).
- As the parade gets to a designated area for a senior’s family, that senior’s vehicle will pull to the right and the parade will continue on.
- The senior’s family will present their diploma and enjoy that family moment together.
- The senior will then re-enter their vehicle and continue in the parade.
- When the parade makes it to the high school, we will turn into the student parking lot drive and continue to the football stadium.
- If seniors want to take a graduation picture, they will have the opportunity. Coach Rooks and Coach Cheek will direct vehicles onto the track. We will only be bringing in 10 vehicles at a time. When one vehicle finishes, it will exit the stadium and the next vehicle will be brought in.
- Seniors and family in their vehicle will exit their vehicle at the stage and their name will be announced.
- Seniors and their family will take a picture and then return to their vehicle, exit the stadium, continue out to the elementary school car rider entrance, and exit the campus onto the highway. (Pictures taken by the school will be posted on our Facebook page.)
- Those seniors who do not wish to take a graduation picture can keep going toward the elementary school car rider entrance and exit the campus onto the highway.