CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM (ACP)
WHAT IS IT?
The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC program that helps connect families and households struggling to afford internet service.
The benefit provides:
- Up to $30/month discount for internet service;
- Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands; and
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity
Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Participates in any of the following assistance programs: SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in any of the following Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or Tribal Head Start (income based);
- Participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider's existing low-income internet program.
TWO STEPS TO ENROLL
1. Go to AffordableConnectivity.gov to submit an application or print a mail-in application
2. Contact your preferred participating provider to select an eligible plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
Call 877-384-2575, or visit fcc.gov/acp
U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines Used to Determine Financial Eligibility for Certain Programs
HHS Poverty Guidelines for 2022
The 2022 poverty guidelines are in effect as of January 12, 2022. Federal Register Notice, January 12, 2022 - Full text.
Join our listserv to stay up-to-date on the latest news regarding the poverty guidelines.
2022 POVERTY GUIDELINES FOR THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Persons in family/household
200% of Poverty guideline